Bee Android Planet and iPhoned we are immediately looking for an enthusiastic tech editor for some evening and weekend shifts (8 – 16 hours per week). Will you join our team? Then apply now!
Android Planet is looking for tech editor (side job)
BigSpark, the publisher of Android Planet and sister site iPhoned, is looking for a new tech editor (m / f). We prefer to welcome a student (journalism) who can independently report some evening / weekend shifts on important news in the Android and Apple field.
Tech editor: our wish list
We are looking for an editor with relevant experience. You have a passion for tech, online and journalism and the following applies to you:
- You are (single) evenings and / or weekend days available (in total 8 to 16 hours per week);
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch language, spoken and written;
- You have an affinity with tech in general, especially Android, Apple and other mobile themes;
- You are full of ideas and the mentality to implement them immediately;
- You are always looking for ways to improve yourself and your articles;
- You are precise, careful, creative, independent and critical;
We also appreciate it if you have experience with WordPress and SEO and you can handle image editing and social media.
This is what we offer you
- Ability to write for an audience of millions and thus work on your resume;
- The opportunity to put your journalistic skills into practice and develop them further;
- Market-based remuneration that depends on experience. A guideline is EUR 10-15 gross per hour upon commencement of employment, or a freelance rate of EUR 15-20 per hour;
- Full flexibility in where you work;
- Travel expenses to our office in the heart of Nijmegen reimbursed;
- The chance to see and try new hardware first;
- Plenty of career opportunities within a young and enthusiastic team;
- Experienced editors to guide you.
You are going to do this
Various challenges are immediately waiting for you at the editorial team of BigSpark, including:
- While evening shifts (from 6:00 PM to approximately 9:00 PM) and / or weekend days (from approximately 9:00 am to 12:00 pm) Write an account of important news on Android and Applearea, highlighting this and putting it in perspective so that it is understandable to our readers;
- You test the latest smartphones, tablets and other gadgets. You scour the App Store and Play Store in search of distinctive apps that are worth downloading. Then you expose the pros and cons and translate this into objective and independent advice, for example in a review;
- You help our readers familiarize themselves with the world of smartphones and tech. You make buying guides and device pages, with which you help people to make better (purchase) choices;
- You immerse yourself in the trends, move interviews and checks whether the facts are correct. You are given the space to dive into a theme and here one qualitative opinion piece or backstory to make of;
- You think along with the rest of BigSpark about new ways to improve our websites and to inform our target group even better and have fun with the things we make.
At BigSpark we work with a young and ambitious team on meaningful concepts and ideas with which we can make a difference. We do this from our work location in Nijmegen, right next to Central Station. Our team consists of more than 18 professionals and a selection of the best online experts from the region.
Our sites, apps and price comparison sites are packed with unique content and innovations that allow us to occupy a unique position in the market. We are fully focused on further expanding this position. At BigSpark you get the chance to really go into depth and develop new skills.
Learn more or apply immediately?
Would you like to know more about the functions and would you like to drink (digital) coffee with the team so that you can see the company, get to know your future colleagues and ask substantive questions to see if there is a match? We are certainly open to this, you are very welcome!
Do you have any questions about the position of tech editor? Please contact Michel van ‘t Klaphek via email@example.com, by telephone on 024 – 737 01 91 or the link below. Of course you can always send us some examples of your own work, even if you like!