Google Chrome now displays open tabs in a grid. It is now also possible to put tabs together in a group. That is very clear. This is how you use tab groups in Google Chrome.
Read on after the ad.
Tab groups in Google Chrome: this is how it works
For years, Google Chrome stacked tabs like cards on top of each other. As a result, you had a poor overview of which websites were open in the browser. Fortunately, that is now changing. Tabs are in fact in a grid after a recent update. You can see at a glance which sites you visited last. In addition, more information is visible about these pages.
It is now also possible to create tab groups in Google Chrome. This allows you to collect different tabs in one window. For example, you can group websites by subject, so you can quickly find what you are looking for and not get lost in endless lists. This feature has been available on the computer for some time and you can now finally use it on your phone. That is how it works:
- Open multiple websites in Google Chrome;
- Click at the top right next to the url on the number that indicates how many websites are open;
You are now in the grid view.
- Drag a tab onto another tab with your finger;
Google Chrome automatically creates a tab group.
- If you want to add more websites to this group, click on the plus sign at the top right;
- Do you want to remove a website from the group? Then drag the tab to the bottom of the screen.
More helpful tips on Android Planet
Android Planet regularly provides useful tips and solutions to common problems. For example, we will help you out if Google Chrome is not working and explain how to enable dark mode. Are you curious about which features the well-known browser has? Then read our article about the most useful functions for Chrome on your Android device.